NL Gazette

18 people die of COVID19 in Newfoundland and Labrador, as the province adds 4 new cases.

A man over 70 years old in the central health area of ​​Newfoundland and Labrador has died of COVID19, public health officials said Wednesday.

since the pandemic, this is the 18th death from the disease in the state. 

A Ministry of Health statement released on Wednesday also reported four new cases of COVID19 as of Monday and two new recoveries, leaving a total of 13 active cases, an increase of one case since Monday. 

Two new cases of a woman under 40 and a woman over 70, are in the Eastern Health Region, one related to international travel and the other an earlier known case.

Two men, one in their 50s and the other in their 70s, also contracted the disease in the medical center area, both related to previously known cases. One person is hospitalized due to COVID19.

The latest news of death comes days before the next demographic in the province begins lining up for vaccines. Health officials said Tuesday that the clinics will give the PfizerBioNTech vaccine to children between the ages of 5 and 1.

Dr. Janice Fitzgerald said clinical trials from Pfizer have shown the vaccine to be 90.7 percent effective in preventing COVID19 infection in children aged five to 11 years old and No serious side effects have been identified.

Read More: 18 now dead from COVID-19 in N.L., as province adds 4 new cases | CBC News

Get Canada and Newfoundland’s top News, Market news, and other worldwide news only on http://nlgazette.com

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *