- John Haggie tells the legislative committee that money came from the government contingency account.
- Health Minister John Haggie told a legislative committee Monday night that prices related to the previous fall’s cyberattack are about $16 million.
Some new facts are arising regarding how much last fall’s cyberattack — regarded as one of the most extreme infringements in Canadian history — has cost the Newfoundland and Labrador government.
“We have had expenses related to the cyberattack which are only fractionally under $16 million,” Health Minister John Haggie told a legislative committee Monday evening.
“They were flowed through to the health authorities and the [Newfoundland and Labrador] Centre for Health Information.”
Haggie replied to a query from Tory MHA Paul Dinn, who questioned transfers to the Health Department from a government contingency budget.
Haggie told journalists he didn’t have that number at a regional budget briefing less than a month back.
“I can’t tell you what the price for last year is,” the minister said on April 7.
“The best place to look for that probably would be public accounts because that would be the consolidated [expenses].”
The public accounts usually aren’t published until October or later.
Source – cbc.ca